Antworten • 278
demonquad said:

even razer came up with gtx1080, come on alienware, it is time to release those juicy gtx 1080 ones

Razer might have a GTX1080 laptop, but its kinda useless if all it does is throttle no? I dont mind them taking their time to makeand refine the best GTX1080 laptop on the market

Systemtech said:
demonquad said:

well, I wouldn't say anything about the throttling before I watch 3-4 review. I am curious on their cooling design, would like to find out if that is going to be a toaster or not. I am in the market to buy a laptop or desktop. it is just the time that kills me, loooong and long wait times..

demonquad said:
Systemtech said:
demonquad said:

Keep in mind that the TDP of GTX 1080 varies among laptops, most likely as a result of power consumption and cooling. So a GTX 1080 in one laptop may not necessarily be the same in the other, TDP wise. As such, there may be a case of one laptop not utilizing the power of a GTX 1080 because of TDP throttling.

It'll be interesting to see how the GTX 1080 of one TDP compares to another.

Game7a1 said:
demonquad said:
Systemtech said:
demonquad said:

It'll be interesting to see how the GTX 1080 of one TDP compares to another.

it will be interesting for sure. I saw the same thing on different brands for gtx 1070. there are laptops with same specs having %10 difference in fps numbers.

alienware 17

On the EU store the alienware 17 with GTX 1080 is available ( i7-6820HK - GTX 1080 - 17.3 inch QHD (2560 x 1440) 120Hz TN Anti-Glare 400-nits NVIDIA G-SYNC enabled w/Tobii Eye-tracking)

No possibility to choose the 4k display

I think that in US will be available after the black friday (no discount in europe).

Hi I'd like to ask if there's optimus on the laptops and if there's an option to turn optimus off in the bios for the models without GSYNC?

Just bought a AW 17 R4 at Best Buy ... came with Tobii eyetracker software, though it doesn't let me setup a profile, calibrate or use in games like The Division when enabled.

I called Alienware customer service and the guy told me that below my display panel, I needed to have lights there for the actual Tobii ... well what is this that I have then above my monitor?

Here is a link to where I have it shared: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxJZGJSfiH_FbDlfaGhXZjQ5ZjA/view?usp=sharing

Any ETA on the GTX 1080 for europe (specially france) ??

I would like to get one before dec 23 (including shipping), Will it be possible ?

Alienware released the GTX 1080 laptop, but surprise... its only with the 1440p.. Now the question that is on everyone's mind, will the GTX 1080 be available in 4k or did Alienware motto change to "There will be no compromise at compromising"

Can't Alienware give us a G-Sync 4k Display OR did dells influence effect its ability to deliver uncompromising gaming performance like it was 20 years ago?

Will it be one of the best 4k displays on the market or just one they scrapped up?

I waited a long time for this, I was truly hyped. a 4k 6820k GTX1080 laptop with decent thermals... I was truly excited for it even told people that were looking for a new laptop to wait.... But,..... This isn't it... Should have ordered a Razer Blade Pro.