AlexeyHolms Points: 647
Incariuz Points: 570
ieve97 Points: 484
Hallowed Be Thy... Points: 454
PCR Points: 451
officialSinistr... Points: 432
Mr. Pokeylope Points: 430
ezkariot Points: 427

ALIENWARE 17 R3 (2016) 2 SLOTS M.2 ¿PCIE OR SATA?

Hello everyone, I am really stressed and frustrated because I have not been able to find the information I need about the compatibility of SSD m2 for this equipment. I have an alienware 17 r3 (year 2016) with 2 slots available for m2, the problem is that I do not know what type of m2 is compatible. Can I use a pcie or a sata? My options are the samsung nvme 970, adata xs8000 or the corsair mp500. Has anyone tried any of these? What do you recommend? On your computers if you detect the pcie nvme?
Thank you very much friends, I thank you very much.

Antworten • 4
Lunar

I just bought a new Alienware 17 R3 and it has 4 M.2 slots, but I do not know which SSD to purchase for it. Do you know if it would be SATA or PCIe, if PCIe, NVMe or AHCI? I just want to make sure I purchase the right one as I was looking at the Samsung 950 Pro. 850 EVO, or SM951. Thanks! 

Tutuapp 9Apps Aptoide

edited

I have the same laptop 2016 Alienware 17 R3 although hardware probably different. mine came with 6700hq cpu 16gb memory nvidia 970m 1920x1080 60Hz screen 128gb sata ssd , 1tb 5400rpm harddrive.  Answer to your question, both the m.2 slots can use pcie OR sata. I replaced the 128g m.2 sata ssd that came with the machine  with a Samsung 950 pro nvme 512gb and put a Samsung 850 evo ssd sata 512gb in the second slot. you have to change a setting in the bios from raid to achi then install windows and have the samsung driver handy, it may ask for the samsung driver during install.

Mine works flawless. I have windows on the nvme drive and linux on the sata drive.

edited

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now. <a href="https://get-mobdro.com">mobdro</a>

edited

Nowadays, creating and downloading your videos and editing them later is not difficult at all. All Android mobile users and additionally iPhone users can easily download the modified version of capcut from our website. Feel completely free because you are about to have an application that allows you to easily edit all videos and improve their quality and get more followers. Now Capcut mod apk download will change your video. You will find a lot of features unlocked for editing. So go and download capcut and enjoy its features.