FORUMS

Top-Beitragende letzte Woche
1
Gamsi Points: 6,181 Lv 30
2
OhAnnie Points: 5,041 Lv 30
3
NihilisticJedi Points: 4,735 Lv 30
4
SaigonSector Points: 4,529 Lv 30
5
wildejacht Points: 4,501 Lv 30
6
Zverinaa Points: 2,038 Lv 20
7
Wiemann Points: 2,037 Lv 20
8
Nebuchadnezzar... Points: 2,010 Lv 30
9
Aido68 Points: 1,568 Lv 17
10
mewaw_new Points: 1,000 Lv 20

Old ARP System Again (Forum feels different...) *Opinion*

  • 97

Let me explain... Since the new ARP system launched, the forum changed and became kind of "empty". Conversations feel "forced", and many threads just pass by and they have minimal replies or no replies at all, only upvotes (I'm not referring about the Giveaway /Gaming News section which have many replies, although many of them are random replies).
Spam accounts are still there like they always were, so, that changes nothing. They just randomly reply random words. So, let's leave this as it is.
Back in the days with the old ARP system, people earned points by being active in the community and enganging with conversations with people, plus, we could upvote and downvote comments (also earning points by doing that) and distinguish real replies from spam replies. The ARP system was different, the community was different, official giveaways were different (the giveaway system was broken until recently), threads were different... things were different.
I'm sure that we, older members, can see the difference in general. I'm not saying that the forum is dead, because that's not true, but I believe you get my point.
So, with that being said, my suggestion is to restore the old ARP system, not only for easier ARP reasons, but mostly for Community reasons.
Thank you in advance to anyone that read what I had to say, mods and not only.
I'd like to hear your opinions...

Edited
Antworten • 16

Really nobody got anything to say? Either that proves my point, or what I had to suggest was gibberish  :P


They won't change it.  It used to be good, but each change has made it progressively worse. Now even the site itself is hideous, unintuitive and offputting. All the changes made to discourage spam have since reverted, except now most people don't even bother with that because for any country outside of NA there's no reason to even be here anymore.  No app, no reward system, no competitions, rarely any giveaways and most of all, no fun, conversation or community spirit.  They've sucked the life right out of the site.

It's easy to blame people, but spam and crap has been a part of the site for many years, but before they at least made an effort to curb it. If they decided to start enforcing it again, pretty much anyone who joined since ARP 5 would revert back to level 0 since most leveling was pretty much spamming cosplay pics and outright plagiarism, copy-pasting articles from other sites. Now even that has died down and it's now it's just newcomers in NA and those who don't know any better, scrambling to level up. 

Each ARP version has been abused in some way by those trying to level up, but now the site is just depressing and uninviting. At least back when individual posts were rewarded, the community was semi-regulating itself and people were creative and friendly.   


Those of us who have come daily for years still come hoping something might change. We browse but keep quite for the most part. After years of asking for input on how to improve things, Alienware just ignored everyone and have deliberately chosen to push things this way. I honestly don't know why I keep coming or what I'm expecting to happen. Just years of habit I guess. 

Most of the long term regulars have stopped coming and I only see a handful around anymore. You said the forum's not dead, but 5 days without a reply to a post like this proves that it pretty much is. 


Ninerism said:

They won't change it.  It used to be good, but each change has made it progressively worse. Now even the site itself is hideous, unintuitive and offputting. All the changes made to discourage spam have since reverted, except now most people don't even bother with that because for any country outside of NA there's no reason to even be here anymore.  No app, no reward system, no competitions, rarely any giveaways and most of all, no fun, conversation or community spirit.  They've sucked the life right out of the site.

It's easy to blame people, but spam and crap has been a part of the site for many years, but before they at least made an effort to curb it. If they decided to start enforcing it again, pretty much anyone who joined since ARP 5 would revert back to level 0 since most leveling was pretty much spamming cosplay pics and outright plagiarism, copy-pasting articles from other sites. Now even that has died down and it's now it's just newcomers in NA and those who don't know any better, scrambling to level up. 

Each ARP version has been abused in some way by those trying to level up, but now the site is just depressing and uninviting. At least back when individual posts were rewarded, the community was semi-regulating itself and people were creative and friendly.   


Those of us who have come daily for years still come hoping something might change. We browse but keep quite for the most part. After years of asking for input on how to improve things, Alienware just ignored everyone and have deliberately chosen to push things this way. I honestly don't know why I keep coming or what I'm expecting to happen. Just years of habit I guess. 

Most of the long term regulars have stopped coming and I only see a handful around anymore. You said the forum's not dead, but 5 days without a reply to a post like this proves that it pretty much is. 

You said many stuff that I agree 100%, and the most important thing is that they are true.
I don't know, it seems like they trying to get some people back by doing a "serious" giveaway once a while, but it doesn't really work.
If this keeps going up like this, not many real people will be here after all.
Thank you for taking the time and reading what I had to say, and also for replying and saying your opinion.


No worries. I remember you from a few years back when this place was active in a good way. I'm sure if your post was about something fanboyish/antagonistic it may have gotten more response.


Might be interesting to do another proper age check. I remember the average was 30's. I'd be surprised if it's still close to that.

 


5L3ap0fFa1th3 said:

Really nobody got anything to say? Either that proves my point, or what I had to suggest was gibberish  :P

Suggestions attended

Recently the votes were activated in the comments.


Someone has been listening somewhere. We finally have individual post votes back again. 

Now comes all the "nice" and "thanks" spam. Hopefully people will have more common sense and use their votes more wisely.


Ninerism said:

Someone has been listening somewhere. We finally have individual post votes back again. 

Now comes all the "nice" and "thanks" spam. Hopefully people will have more common sense and use their votes more wisely.

ha ha ha no, lots of votes on spam and all the well written stuff was down voted


Votings are just for fun now - noticed the same as sakebreath.

 

People are very lazy so maybe they don't look at any posts anymore (vote on content ARP forced people to check posts - now they don't have to do that anymore). Every vote is now useless and in some weeks maybe nobody votes on anything anymore. So maybe there will only be quality posts but maybe less activity on this forum - and activity is already very low atm. Creating posts for gaining ARP is maybe gone in the future (CG ARP is nearly gone) and the only ways to level up will be daily login and quests. Hard for people who are low lvl and want to lvl up.


TJ80 said:
5L3ap0fFa1th3 said:

Really nobody got anything to say? Either that proves my point, or what I had to suggest was gibberish  :P

Suggestions attended

Recently the votes were activated in the comments.

Ninerism said:

Someone has been listening somewhere. We finally have individual post votes back again. 

Now comes all the "nice" and "thanks" spam. Hopefully people will have more common sense and use their votes more wisely.

sakebreath said:
Ninerism said:

Someone has been listening somewhere. We finally have individual post votes back again. 

Now comes all the "nice" and "thanks" spam. Hopefully people will have more common sense and use their votes more wisely.

ha ha ha no, lots of votes on spam and all the well written stuff was down voted

AxeAW said:

Votings are just for fun now - noticed the same as sakebreath.

 

People are very lazy so maybe they don't look at any posts anymore (vote on content ARP forced people to check posts - now they don't have to do that anymore). Every vote is now useless and in some weeks maybe nobody votes on anything anymore. So maybe there will only be quality posts but maybe less activity on this forum - and activity is already very low atm. Creating posts for gaining ARP is maybe gone in the future (CG ARP is nearly gone) and the only ways to level up will be daily login and quests. Hard for people who are low lvl and want to lvl up.

Sorry for the late reply, although I've been reading the comments these days, but I gotta say there's still much improvement to be completed.
Generally speaking.
And yes, the ARP system is STILL not working in a good way especially for newcomers. Some of us that are here for a longer time, we're on different ARP Levels and handle it in a different way, but the ARP system needs to change again.


Ninerism said:

They won't change it.  It used to be good, but each change has made it progressively worse. Now even the site itself is hideous, unintuitive and offputting. All the changes made to discourage spam have since reverted, except now most people don't even bother with that because for any country outside of NA there's no reason to even be here anymore.  No app, no reward system, no competitions, rarely any giveaways and most of all, no fun, conversation or community spirit.  They've sucked the life right out of the site.

It's easy to blame people, but spam and crap has been a part of the site for many years, but before they at least made an effort to curb it. If they decided to start enforcing it again, pretty much anyone who joined since ARP 5 would revert back to level 0 since most leveling was pretty much spamming cosplay pics and outright plagiarism, copy-pasting articles from other sites. Now even that has died down and it's now it's just newcomers in NA and those who don't know any better, scrambling to level up. 

Each ARP version has been abused in some way by those trying to level up, but now the site is just depressing and uninviting. At least back when individual posts were rewarded, the community was semi-regulating itself and people were creative and friendly.   


Those of us who have come daily for years still come hoping something might change. We browse but keep quite for the most part. After years of asking for input on how to improve things, Alienware just ignored everyone and have deliberately chosen to push things this way. I honestly don't know why I keep coming or what I'm expecting to happen. Just years of habit I guess. 

Most of the long term regulars have stopped coming and I only see a handful around anymore. You said the forum's not dead, but 5 days without a reply to a post like this proves that it pretty much is. 

This is, by far, the most straightfoward opinion about this site at this moment.

If you excuse me, I would like to make mine ALL these words.