Incariuz Points: 570
ieve97 Points: 484
Hallowed Be Thy... Points: 454
PCR Points: 451
officialSinistr... Points: 432
Mr. Pokeylope Points: 430
ezkariot Points: 427

Need Help with M17 R4, Intel Wireless N 7260

I need help with my M17 R4.  I am constantly getting dropped wifi signals and extremely slow speeds, even though I am right next to my router and other computers/laptops that I use (that are much newer) do not have this problem.  Thus, I know its not my wifi signal but a problem within my laptop.  I have read EVERY blog and tried what feels like every solution offered up and I'm at my wits end.  I think I'm probably going to have to replace the wifi card, which is fine, but I need to know which one to buy.  It's either that or I really cry "uncle" and get a new laptop, but I'm hesitant to do that as I had this one built specifically for me, so it would have 4TB of memory.

Below is a list of my Network Adapters.

Thanks for any advice!

Network adapters

Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260

Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)

TAP-Surfshark Windows Adapter V9

X8 WAN Miniport adapters (IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, Network Monitor, PPPOE, PPTP, SST

Antworten • 1
Planetary

Howdy :-),

Would you happen to be running any of the Killer Networking software?  That software is notarious for causing issues with connections.  You will have full signal strength, but seem to drop every packet, so it is like you are not connected to the Internet.  If so, you can either just uninstall the Killer softare, and let Windows use its default drivers, or you can try ot update the Killer softare by going to: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/wireless/killer-series.html and selecting the appopriate download.  Good luck!

Rich S.